The only way I've figured out how to print to video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 24th, 2008, 10:27 AM   #1
Major Player

The only way I've figured out how to print to video

Okay, I know printing out to video with the HV20's 24p mode is impossible. But there is a way to print the video out strictly for archive purposes and/or festival submission that requires Mini-DV tape. Basically, you do all of your telecine stuff first, edit, and then export a video file at 29.97 instead of 23.98 or "Current". Then start a new project with all the default 1080i/60i presets, I'm using FCP by the way, and then print to video with the 30p file in the timeline. The video looks fine with no stutter, as far as I can tell, and it's all on tape with the 24p look. It'd be nice if it could be straight 23.98 but that's not an option apparently.

P.S. Sorry if this has been posted or is common knowledge. I figured this out myself just recently.
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:46 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I discovered the same with Premiere Pro. First have to re-render the video with 3:2 pulldown inserted in After Effect. Then load the clip in a 60i timeline and Print to tape from there.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders