Wide Angle Adpaters for the HF10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 30th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Wide Angle Adpaters for the HF10

Anyone tried either the Canon or Sony wide angle adapters on the HF10?

I'd have to mail order a Canon adapter, but 37 mm thread wide angle Sony adapters are sold locally at Fry's and Circuit City, but not clear how interchangeable they are between Sony and Canon, if there is some secret sauce in the lens/lens spacing for the Canon adapters.

Thanks for any info!

Michael
Michael Eskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 06:33 PM   #2
Trustee

I have a Digital Concepts .45x with 52mm thread mount I used on my HV20 (43mm to 54mm stepup ring) with excellent results and it fits on the HF100 but dang near everything I tried mounting (including a small hood) blocked the I.AF sensor.

This wouldn't be a problem when manual focusing but out in daylight it's hard to see focus on the LCD. The perfect answer to that would be an LCD hood with a magnifier that sealed out all extraneous light and still allowed slipping a finger under the lower edge to access the joystick and other controls on the edge of the LCD.

I use the Cinetactics Screen Hoodie but shove it in to the right so the left side kind of clears the joystick button.

I think the Sony aux lens you looked at will fit and might even work. See if they will open it and let you slip it on your HF10 for some in store tests. If you can hook your cam up to one of their TV's you can tell right on the spot if the definition is there without distortion.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders