HV30 tape jam at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old July 6th, 2008, 08:31 PM   #1
Major Player

HV30 tape jam

My buddy's holed up in a motel in Dubois, WY, taking a break from hiking the CDT and shooting a video with his new HV30. However, he's got a cleaning tape that's jammed inside and refuses to pop out. Is there any way to mechanically pop it out, a la the old Apple computer paper clip method for floppy discs? Or any other suggestion? Thanks in advance....
Lynne Whelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 01:26 AM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne Whelden View Post
My buddy's holed up in a motel in Dubois, WY, taking a break from hiking the CDT and shooting a video with his new HV30. However, he's got a cleaning tape that's jammed inside and refuses to pop out. Is there any way to mechanically pop it out, a la the old Apple computer paper clip method for floppy discs? Or any other suggestion? Thanks in advance....
Is he definitely sure it's not just a completely flat battery? I say that because you mentioned hiking and would presumably be away from AC power most of the time. If he has other batteries or the power adapter with him it's worth trying that while in the motel.

I'm also wondering why he would want to use a cleaning tape on a new HV30.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 12:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I've had a few times where the tape drive wouldn't pop up. I persisted by closing the door and reopening it and also applying some inward pressure against the tape holder. I've always been able to eventually get it to pop open and let me retrieve my tape. It wouldn't hurt to have him try and plug it in through the power adaptor to.
John Hotze is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders