Rain Covers for HV30? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old July 13th, 2008, 06:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Rain Covers for HV30?

What is a good rain cover for HV30?

I don't like those Ewa-Marine.
Chris Leffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 11:50 PM   #2
Major Player

I don't have an answer for you, but your question reminded me of this video http://www.vimeo.com/431500 , which some regard as the best "demo" HV20 video ever, where the videographer used... sandwich bags!
Eugenia Loli-Queru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 06:40 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Consider the Kata CRC-17:

http://www.kata-bags.com/Item.asp?pi...d=1&ProdLine=1

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 01:07 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm about to buy a couple of the KATA CRC-17 bags, and am wondering about how they'll work w/ the HV30 + WD-H43 lens on it. Should I be looking at a bigger bag? I'm not protecting the lens as it is using the ziploc bag method, so I'm guessing not. Just hoping someone had some input...

Thanks for your time

Will
William James Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #5
Tourist

I've had an HV30+WD-H43 lens and a Canon XA hood on the wide angle lens since last December. I got the KATA CRC-17 before my sons' soccer seasons started and it has worked very well through several downpours. The opening is not wide enough to fit over the wide angle lens (w/o the lens hood of course) so I just tighten the elastic cord around the lens where it connects to the HV30. I use the viewfinder when I shoot soccer and both of my hands can fit inside the bag to stay dry (and warm if it is windy). The clear plastic is easy to see through. The sound comes through, although muffled.

The bag looks like it will accomodate the Canon DM50 microphone - I should be testing that next week when it arrives. I wish I had searched online this several years ago when I started with a Sony TRV320 and Saran wrap!
Dave Moy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders