HV30 Test Footage in 24 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old July 30th, 2008, 07:47 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HV30 Test Footage in 24

I currently have been shooting everything with my Canon A1 but just recently purchased the HV30 and WOW what a cool little camera. I just did some tests with it this past weekend and I wanted to show a little video I put together from the footage. It was all handheld except for I think two shots and it was shot in 24. I edit in sony vegas and did all the color grading with magic bullett. http://vimeo.com/1425840

Gebbs Total Video
www.gebbstotalvideo.com
www.gebbsvideo.blogspot.com
Michael Gebben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #2
Major Player

The footage looks excellent.

Did you edit on a 60i timeline or did you process the footage first?
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 09:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

very nice work

now stick and DoF adapter on there and see how it comes out
David Braund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 01:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I edit in Sony Vegas. I shot it all in HD 24f and captured it in HD 24f and then edited it in a 23.976 1440x1080 timeline and then rendered out an .M2T. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Michael Gebben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 11:52 PM   #5
Major Player

Nice, very film like, this little camera still shocks me at what you can achieve, quality wise, from something so small.

Did you play around with the speed of the footage (slow motion etc ??) as where there is movement you seem to have excessive ghosting ?

You also seem to have got quite a bit of nice depth of field going on in your example which really adds to the filmic look, here is some test footage from the HV30 I shot with a DOF adaptor a few days ago:

http://www.vimeo.com/1457615
Lee Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 08:50 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gebben View Post
I edit in Sony Vegas. I shot it all in HD 24f and captured it in HD 24f and then edited it in a 23.976 1440x1080 timeline and then rendered out an .M2T. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Like I said on Vimeo, you must inverse telecine, then edit to eliminate ghosting.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 05:52 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zhang View Post
Like I said on Vimeo, you must inverse telecine, then edit to eliminate ghosting.
Final Cut Studio doesn't do that automatically in 24p 1080i easy setup? Or was another software package being used?

I'm thinking about a HV30 as a 2nd camera to run with my JVC HD110. Looks like nice footage if the shutter speed and ghosting could be fixed.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders