Help please HV 10 owners-rattle! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old November 5th, 2008, 06:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Help please HV 10 owners-rattle!

Hi, I,ve just bought a refurb. HV10 and there is a problem .I noticed a noise when moving it with power off, so I shook it and it rattles. Not as noisy when power on but getting occasional mechanical noise on tape, also getting shake when slow panning.

Could this be a fault with the OIS.? I tried it without the stabiliser but the results are poor compared to other cams. I've had.
Any help appreciated.Michael
Michael Threadgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2008, 07:11 AM   #2
Trustee

It's actually not a problem. It's the way it works. I have that noise on my HV10, HV30 and XHA1. It is the OIS, which apparently floats free when powered off.

If you have a noise when the power's on and the OIS works as it's supposed to then there's something else rattling in there that shouldn't be and it will have to be repaired. If the OIS is broken, it's the first time I've heard of it happening.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2008, 12:18 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Tripp, Thanks for replying so quickly, I've just got in.
I've tried my A1 and there is a faint rattle. This one on the HV10 is like a ball bearing in a tin until its powered up and then it becomes a faint rattle like my A1 switched off.A small shke on the camera seems to give repeated movement of the image. Without it the camera is VERY sensitive, is yours like that? Michael
Michael Threadgold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders