Vixia hf s100 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old March 11th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Blackhurst View Post
Hi Craig -
The HF-S cameras are in the retail chain already, but I can certainly understand the price differential, the pricing on the new cams from both Canon and Sony seems a bit steep! I'm going to be waiting for the "street" price to get realistic!

You might keep in mind that the HV's fit in the Sony Sports Packs (underwater shell rated to 17 ft.), you can't use the LANC since the Canon has no LANC input, but you can use the little included remote control. Might make the cameras a little less "disposable" <wink>! I sold a bunch of gutted SPK HCB shells I had at one time to HV20 owners, so I know they are a good option for harsh conditions.
Dave, are these cameras available at this time? (March 11). I'm in need of a second camera (like Craig, my main unit is the Sony EX-1), but unlike Craig, I'm thinking that for me, the extra cost of the HF10 or 100 might be worth it, just to avoid tape.
My NLE (Avid) won't work natively with AVCHD, but I understand there are some apps that call themselves the "missing link" that will allow me to bring AVCHD into Avid somehow.

Anyway, I'd love to get one of these things before April, if that's at all possible. Do you happen to know if it is?
Cheers, Malcolm
Malcolm Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #17
Wrangler

Dave,
this is just me -- but once an original recording makes it into my archives, I NEVER dispose of it.

Malcolm,
I checked B&H (one of DVinfo's sponsors) and they just say "accepting orders." Other quick checks: Amazon lists April 15th, and neither Frys nor Best Buy list them at all on their web sites. So they probably just haven't made it to store shelves in the US yet. Don't know when that'll happen. The best suggestion though, is to call or email one of DVinfo's retail sponsors and see what they can do for you.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 07:26 PM   #18
Major Player

thanks for the reply, Pete. I will check with the sponsors. I've also checked with Buba, who posted on the previous page... he said his camera is a Japanese model. Tempting (since I'm in a hurry), but maybe hard to get. He suggested eBay.
Cheers, Malcolm
Malcolm Hamilton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders