Canon camcorder 2008/2009 range accessories at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old March 5th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #1
New Boot

Canon camcorder 2008/2009 range accessories

Hi,

I've had a browse and can't really find the answer.

On Canon's Australian website (Canon Australia - Home) i can find zero accessories for HD camcorders such as HF S10, HF 20, HV 30 etc those types.

You go to the 'accessories' section where you select what accessories your looking for and their selection menu has no option for camcorders only still cameras and calculators and other crap.

Are Canon accessories readily avaliable in Australia, like Genuine larger battery's, camera bags, extra light for the accessory shoe's etc... If i buy a new camera i definitely need an extra larger battery and their site has zero info.

Is it just me? Does the site not have extra batteries and things on it or is it just im searching the wrong way? Any ideas for people who are in Australia or who you the Aus Canon site?

Cheers

Ps... even if people overseas can try find the camcorder accessories on tha Aussie site if their bored that would be appreciated :)

Last edited by Michael Jones; March 5th, 2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: more info
Michael Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 08:21 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Mike...................

No, it isn't just you, it's Canon.

I can't answer your Q re "Are they readily available" (tho' most, if not all, of the consumer cams do not have larger batteries, for example, nor do they have Canon cases).

Your best bet is to talk to a reputable dealer for specific items and get them to ask Canon for you.

Else buy them from B&H in the States, tho' even there most of the accessories appear to be not from Canon.

CS

PS: This overseas enough for you?
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Soucy View Post
No, it isn't just you, it's Canon.

PS: This overseas enough for you?
Cheers i thought i was going crazy. Overseas enough yeah NZ will do...

Thats one of the things putting me off from getting a Canon, lack of information about accessories on their site and also lack of local repairer's, i put a few postcodes in its service center search thing and 0 results each time :(

If i buy one i'm worried it won't be easy to get Genuine bigger capacity batteries or repairs locally (Western Australia/Perth)..

Yeah ill check with the local Camera House store and see what they have... cheers.
Michael Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi again....

Mike, can I ask you to do something?

You're obviously from WA but your location is simply listed as Australia.

Can you click on the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page and ask the mods to update your location with that snippet.

I know WA is "the boonies" for stuff like this, so would have possibly given a different response if I had known.

Regards,

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2009, 11:04 PM   #5
New Boot

Whoa, confusing. I am also Mike Jones from WA (Washington state)... One thing you might want to verify if you purchase batteries from the U.S. is whether or not they're compatible with an Australian market camera, given the voltage differences between the two countries.
Mike A. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:45 AM   #6
Trustee

Hi Mike (WA USA). There is no difference in batteries due to local mains power supplies. The only thing that might be affected is the charger. The battery does not "see" the mains voltage at all.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders