Wide angle adapter for HFs100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 28th, 2009, 07:12 PM   #1
Major Player

Wide angle adapter for HFs100

I have attached the WA adapter designed for the GL2 on my HFS 100 via the 58mm thread. Works great. It also allows for a polarizer to get placed in line. No vignetting. Much less in cost than the Canon WA for the 100 and the picture is very good as well.
Just wanted to pass on the info. BTW It comes with a detachable lens hood and bag.
Best, Craig
Craig Hollenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Craig and others,
I see two interesting wide-angles for the S10 and S100. The:
- Raynox .66 (zoom-through; 6 oz), and the
- Impact .5 (non zoom-through, 11.8 oz)
Both around $150.
Anyone on these forums tried both?
Malcolm
Malcolm Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2009, 01:40 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Anyone tried .3 58mm fisheye from century optics? (now schenider optics)

I'm probably going to buy cheap copy of it from dovision or opteka, because there's hardly any difference in performance and a big difference in price (i'll be filming skateboarding).
Jurij Turnsek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2009, 06:10 AM   #4
Trustee

I have a Century Optics .7 WA on an HV10 which works pretty well in good light. There's a minimum of edge distortion, but at full zoom out it is there in the corners, zooming in a bit eliminates that but it also defeats the purpose of a WA.

The thread size is the same as the HF100 which should be arriving here soon. Don't know if it's the same as the HF S100, but I expect so. How well it works on either of these cameras will partially depend upon the native wide angle setting on each of them. I think that they are similar, but I have read that the HV30 goes a little wider than the HF100
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2009, 09:30 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Wide Angle WD-H58

Talking about Wide angle adapters, I just got the WD-H58 the actual one designed for the HF-S10.
Can anyone out there can tell me if this thing has a filter thread for the front of the lens.
It looks to me like it has one, the inside of the front cap rubber cover has a size imprinted in the inside that is 77.5 mm. maybe a 77mm filter would fit.
I have the large heavy WD-H43 for the HV-20 and that one for sure did not have a thread for filters etc..

Thanks, if you have one maybe you can tell me.

Luis
Luis A. Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:33 AM   #6
Major Player

The HF200/20 HF10/100 models are all 37mm thread. The HF S10 and HF S100 models are 58mm thread. So your WA lens won't work on the "S" models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp Woelfel View Post
I have a Century Optics .7 WA on an HV10 which works pretty well in good light. There's a minimum of edge distortion, but at full zoom out it is there in the corners, zooming in a bit eliminates that but it also defeats the purpose of a WA.

The thread size is the same as the HF100 which should be arriving here soon. Don't know if it's the same as the HF S100, but I expect so. How well it works on either of these cameras will partially depend upon the native wide angle setting on each of them. I think that they are similar, but I have read that the HV30 goes a little wider than the HF100
Chuck Fadely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #7
Go Cycle

It looks to me that the threads are not deep enough on my WD-H58 for a protective filter-hope I am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis A. Diaz View Post
Talking about Wide angle adapters, I just got the WD-H58 the actual one designed for the HF-S10.
Can anyone out there can tell me if this thing has a filter thread for the front of the lens.
It looks to me like it has one, the inside of the front cap rubber cover has a size imprinted in the inside that is 77.5 mm. maybe a 77mm filter would fit.
I have the large heavy WD-H43 for the HV-20 and that one for sure did not have a thread for filters etc..

Thanks, if you have one maybe you can tell me.

Luis

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders