Is there a way to play all the clips continuously? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old July 5th, 2009, 10:35 AM   #1
Major Player

Is there a way to play all the clips continuously?

I have a bunch of .mts files just imported from my HF-S100. I'm playing them with TMT, and it only plays 1 file at a time, then I have to select the next one, and so on.

Thanks,
Norris Combs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #2
Major Player

Give this a try:

Copy the entire BDMV folder from the Canon memory card to your hard disk. Then open the BDMV folder with Total Media Theater and it should play the folder as if it is an AVCHD disk with no menu, one .mts file after the next in sequence.

Hope this helps,

Larry
Larry Horwitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:25 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Larry, works fine now!
Norris Combs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #4
Major Player

Glad to help !
Larry Horwitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 01:02 AM   #5
Major Player

There's a new problem I've run into since my last post. I have a memory card from the camcorder containing footages from Palm Springs, San Francisco, and Honolulu. I'd like to have 3 different BDMV folders (one for each city) on my computer, each folder containing all the MTS files from a city. I tried to recreate the contents of a BDMV folder (BACKUP, CLIPINF, PLAYLIST, STREAM, INDEX.BDM, MOVIEOBJ.BDM), in order to have the MTS files play continuously one after another.

This is what I did. I copied the entire BDMV folder from the memory card to the computer. I then made a new BDMV dedicated to all files from San Francisco trip. In this folder I have the following:

BACKUP folder, no problem, it's always empty, so I copied and pasted to the San Francisco BDMV folder

CLIPINF folder: there are .CPI files corresponding to MTS files. San Francisco trip contains MTS files 34 through 80, so I copied & pasted 00034.CPI through 00080.CPI

PLAYLIST folder: there's 1 item inside, 00000.MPL, 47 KB in size. I copied & pasted the whole folder to the San Francisco BDMV folder

INDEX.BDM file, copied & pasted to the San Francisco BDMV folder

MOVIEOBJ.BDM file, copied & pasted to the San Francisco BDMV folder

STREAM folder: copied & pasted 00034.MTS through 00080.MTS to the San Francisco BDMV folder

I then started TMT, selected the BDMV folder, nothing happens. What did I do wrong?

Thanks,
Norris Combs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders