Should I buy a Sony FX7 or another HV30? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old October 12th, 2009, 06:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Should I buy a Sony FX7 or another HV30?

Hello everyone,

I'm in a bit of dilemma, I now have an hv30 but I am not able to unscrew the step ring for raynox wide angle lens. I was thinking of selling it on ebay along with a t1i (not in the same auction). I do want to get in to film and make Christian movies and I know for the beginning filmmaker guys recommend the hv series. But as I was looking at how much I can make from these auctions, the fx7 came to mind and I was wondering if this was a foolish decision. Should I buy another hv30 or 40 and attach it to a brevis or letus instead, which is wiser, the latter seems to be but I wanted to some opinions from you all! Thanks in advance for the help!
Ferlon Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 09:47 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I would look at a FX1 before an FX7 anyday. Much better camera, IMO, and you can find them for under $2k, sometimes as low as $1700.

If you like your HV30 find another used one, they are such fine little cameras.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders