Buying Advice Needed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old November 17th, 2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Trustee

Buying Advice Needed

A buddy of mine is looking for a small camera in the under $600 range to have around since he and his wife are expecting their first child in a few months. I don't know a lot about cameras in this price range and thought I'd toss the question out here.

He's looking for:
- something without a touch screen interface
- preferable card based, but drive based is ok (no tape)
- decent low light since I'm sure most of his shooting will be inside for the first year or so

I've found some decent deals on refurbs on Canon's site all for under $600. (from highest to lowest)
HF11 ($50 over budget)
HG20
HF100
HG10
FS11
FS100

If it was your $600, what would you get?

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders