Backpacking w/ the HV20/30/40!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old February 16th, 2010, 12:09 AM   #16
Major Player

if you have the budget, might i suggest a Merlin? A shot that floats through a majestic environment would be really cool, and you can think like a photographer, changing perspectives quickly while searching the perfect shot. turn it around and you can film your own interview as you hike (carefully), especially with the WD-43 (which i happen to like very much and never take off my HV-30...). I just descended a Burundian mountain trail (slippery but not very technical) with this set-up, and though my right arm will surely become twice the size of my left, the shots were worth it.
Brian David Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 05:17 AM   #17
Major Player

Yes i agree with Brian although i dont keep my H43 on all the time as i need to zoom at times and i also use an extender, the H43 is no toy and faIr value IMO.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #18
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian David Melnyk View Post
if you have the budget, might i suggest a Merlin? A shot that floats through a majestic environment would be really cool, and you can think like a photographer, changing perspectives quickly while searching the perfect shot. turn it around and you can film your own interview as you hike (carefully), especially with the WD-43 (which i happen to like very much and never take off my HV-30...). I just descended a Burundian mountain trail (slippery but not very technical) with this set-up, and though my right arm will surely become twice the size of my left, the shots were worth it.
The Merlin looks sweeet! but over a grand?! Jesus. Thanks for your suggestion but I think ill stick with my glidecam for now.

Martyn -
How is the extender? Is it really worth having one? I've been very skeptical about it.
Andre Guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #19
Major Player

Andre my extender is the sony 2x i used with my HC1/SR12 and its not great on my HV but better than nothing, i cant comment on how the canon screw on extenders perform,i only use the extender for close up nature but i doubt you will need one. good luck.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian David Melnyk View Post
On the WD-43 topic i would love a lens hood for mine but i am not sure if one is available
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders