GH-20 Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 21st, 2013, 12:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

GH-20 Help

So I usually use Sony cameras and am new to the Canon Vixia cameras. my Church picked up 2 of these to record a 40 minute message each week and I really don't want to bring the cameras home with me each week and prefer to just bring the SD Cards home to do the editing. I noticed that their software only works with a camera actually connected to import it instead of just being able to point it to the memory card. So I know I can simply pull the files off the card but they will not be stitched together in one continuous 40 minute file. I use the Play Memories home software with my Sony files from the memory card and it all works great. that program will not however detect the canon files.

Is there a program I can use that will import the AVCHD files onto my computer with the files combined correctly or am I really going to be required to bring a camera home and use their importing program (I guess I am assuming that it will in fact stitch the files together?)

Thanks in advance for any help you can shed on this problem.
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:42 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: GH-20 Help

I would use Tsmuxer it works good and free.

tsmuxer | m2ts.org
Michael Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:08 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: GH-20 Help

Thanks! That works

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders