Has anyone ordered one yet? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old August 19th, 2006, 10:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Has anyone ordered one yet?

I'm just wondering if most of the crew will be waiting to see if there is a price reduction or some news regarding an upgrade to allow for a 24p recording mode switch. I wanted to purchase for a National Park vacation and Cali coastal trip in September. I hope they (B&H) can ship and I receive before my flight to Reno. I will be using it as a second camera as well on returning. I'm glad I can playback my friends XL-2 24p DV on the HV10. Using Sony Vegas 6.
Christo Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2006, 11:37 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I ordered one, for use videotaping technical rock climbing. It's slightly smaller than my current Optura 100 mc's. Can't wait to get it!!
Craig Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 04:37 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I'd love to place my order today, but the only place that I can find to take my order in the UK as of yesterday did not know the price yet as Canon has not even told the dealers how much they will have to pay!
Please wake up Canon Uk.
Paul Rickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 07:01 PM   #4
Go Cycle

Mine is ordered......................waiting patiently.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 01:09 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Where have you guys ordered yours from? Everyone is getting them from from B&H or from a better source?... I don't particularly like to do business with B&H and would like to find out info on other sellers where I can get the camera from. Also, any "real" ETA delivery dates from any of them yet?

Thanks!!!

Pete :)
Peter Macletis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:55 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Peter; Did you have a problem with a past B&H order?

I ordered from B&H as well but they have no idea of a shipping date, today...I was hoping to use this camera for candid street shooting in Frisco, early Sept. Any larger, more noticable HD cams would draw attention or be a distraction to the unspoiled "urban scene". I shot some very cool night shots in Vancouver a couple years ago with a SD low lux settings. Perhaps this HD will preform better than the small HD Sony offerings w/o the low light problems as well.
Christo Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 04:01 PM   #7
Wrangler

Here's the list of DVi sponsors:

http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/index.php

Most will probably have the HV10 in stock as soon as it hits the street, although a few sponsors tend to service the professional level and may not carry a consumer camera. Just pick a sponsor from the list and call or email them; as DVi sponsors, you can be assured they'll give you great service and value.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2006, 07:41 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo Aaron
I ordered from B&H as well but they have no idea of a shipping date, today...I was hoping to use this camera for candid street shooting in Frisco, early Sept. Any larger, more noticable HD cams would draw attention or be a distraction to the unspoiled "urban scene". I shot some very cool night shots in Vancouver a couple years ago with a SD low lux settings. Perhaps this HD will preform better than the small HD Sony offerings w/o the low light problems as well.
Thanks for the info Aaron. A couple times I pre-ordered items from B&H it ended up taking much longer than their ETA while by then the items were already widely available (for less) from other vendors so I am weiry of pre-ordering things from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
Here's the list of DVi sponsors:

http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/index.php

Most will probably have the HV10 in stock as soon as it hits the street, although a few sponsors tend to service the professional level and may not carry a consumer camera. Just pick a sponsor from the list and call or email them; as DVi sponsors, you can be assured they'll give you great service and value.
Thanks for the info Pete :)
Peter Macletis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders