Camcorderinfo.com Review Out - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old October 20th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #46
Regular Crew

I can see the main problem most of you complain about HV10, is about bad audio and no possibility to connect any other alternative external source
( that really isn't so good ).

But noone speaks so much about miss of HDMI out.

I can guess that final quality result on HDTV playback through component out
from HV10 isn't so downgrade compared to Sony HC3 with HDMI.
Is it really so ?

Regards
ES
Enrico Sasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #47
Trustee

This is a consumer camera and has limited features to make sure pros will buy the pro cameras. Canon and Sony want you to spend $3k, $5k, and $9k to get pro features instead of giving you a solution for $1.2k (all USD).

If you want to use if for 'film', audio is captured on a different device anyway. Otherwise, they would include a clapper board in the package :P
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 12:58 PM   #48
Regular Crew

Hi George,
yes I know Canon and Sony have models more expensive to meet pros expectation, so more complete features.
But I'm focusing on the point between difference of component and HDMI out.
Sony HC3 is cheaper than Canon HV10, but have HDMI.
Only I need to know if someone can tell me if movie quality of HV10 is at the same/worst/better level with component connection than HC3 with HDMI connection.

May be that better resolution in good light of HV10 gives a sharper image on HDTV than same recording with HC3 ?

Regards
ES
Enrico Sasso is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders