Playback at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old September 27th, 2006, 03:56 PM   #1
Tourist

Playback

Hi,

New to forum. I am really considering hv10. I have LG Video Recorder that has dv in port(firewire I guess) and have hdmi cable out of recorder to Sony HD Bravia TV.

Will I get 1080i playback without any degradation? LG manual states that it upconverts.

I know that camera will playback through composite connection to TV. Would I be limited to this for full 1080?

Thanks for your input. This is really great and well managed forum.

Dick Maxfield
Richard Maxfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 03:42 AM   #2
Regular Crew

a/ your LG recorder will NOT be able to record in HiDef mode, so using the Firewire input will need to downscale in the HV10, loosing a lot of quality.

b/ compoNENT ( NOT compoSITE) viedo is the best - and only- direct way to watch 1080i from the HV10. So if your Bravia has such an input, ( the Red-Green-Blue RCA female) it'be allright, though it is likely that a Bravia only shows 720 actual pixels, but the result will look great anyhow!

c/ Pity the HV10 does not carry HDMI out. Expect it in HV11 !
Pierre Barberis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders