hd10u and "61883 class bus device" problem "no video" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old September 28th, 2006, 03:50 PM   #1
Major Player

hd10u and "61883 class bus device" problem "no video"

Hi Folks,

I tried using my hd10u cam on my laptop. When I plugged the cam into the firewire port it installed without issue. But when I tried to view a live feed with dvrack or DVIO it either showed no video feed, or showed in dvrack a partial feed and then froze. I looked for the problem and came up with a "61883 class bus device" error in device manager. The error only shows up when I plug in the camera. I believe the 61883 error has something to do with the firewire bus, but I am not certain. I am using a p4 acer with xp and 1gig ram. Has anyone dealt with this problem, and if so how did you fix the issue? Thanks

Dwight
Dwight Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 08:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Are you using it in DV firewire mode ("DV locked"), or in HDV mode?
If in HDV mode, are you using WinXP SP2?
Does it show up in windows Device Manager under Imaging as a DV camcorder, or under Sound/Video controllers as AV/C tape device?

I don't have DVRack or others so not sure how well they integrate w/ HDV firewire stream, but there are some issues capturing (tape) in other software..
Colin Gould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 07:46 PM   #3
Trustee

First of all this is the wrong forum. You want to post in JVC HD1/10. This is the Canon HV10. Yes I know that the marketing people apparently have a love for brand confussion.
Are you using the HDV add-on for DVrack?
Does you laptop video card support HDVrack?
I had a Acer laptop with a Sis chipset and it was a no go with HDVrack. Although with a little more time I think it could have worked. It could be as simple as that.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders