Initial price fluctuations~ at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Closed Thread

Old October 6th, 2006, 02:29 PM   #1
Trustee

Initial price fluctuations~

...been watching the price for the HV10 and always use B&H as the benchmark ...noticed it's leveled to $1199 as opposed to yesterday's (and previous) price of $1249.

Is this normal for the price to fluctuate for newly released products? I recall the same thing happening with the FX1 prior to my buying 2 of those.

Do you guys think the current $1199 price will stick- or do the new HDV cam announcements cause the manufacturers to fluctuate pricing?
Old October 7th, 2006, 01:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nunez
Is this normal for the price to fluctuate for newly released products? I recall the same thing happening with the FX1 prior to my buying 2 of those.
It fluctuates more than that if you search. Of course, you should carefully choose your dealer and double check if they authorised.
Old October 9th, 2006, 06:36 AM   #3
Trustee

I recommend B&H or one of our other forum sponsers. $1199 at B&H will probably stick for 3 mths because it is new. And it will not drop too far. This class of cameras is having significant improvements with the old model being dropped. SD has more of a product life cycle that includes a price fall from what we have seen so far (for consumer products.)

BTW, I just sent feedback to [link removed by Admin]. I would not ever trust any of their site's reviews. Example, Century21 is listed as 5 stars by 90+ reviewers. Go to a review site like resellerratings, and they are about 0 stars. There is no mechanism to prevent stores from posting false reviews. Another good reason to stick with our sponsors.
Old October 9th, 2006, 07:45 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Thanks George -- the whole idea of having reputable, trustworthy dealers as our site sponsors is to avoid this sort of confusion. Much appreciated,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders