Portable Audio Solution for the HV10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old November 10th, 2006, 07:16 AM   #1
Trustee

Portable Audio Solution for the HV10

First, I do not have one, but I was investigating a new product and our fellow forum folks have come through. The new Zoom H-4 portable recorder might be a piece of kit you want.

Zoom thread in DVInfo Now Hear This section

Cliffnotes - $299 from one of our sponsors, does line-in, dual XLR with phantom voltage, 1/4" in, runs 4 hrs on 2 AA batteries, X/Y mics built in, 4 track, supports 2GB SD cards (B&H lists 34hr MP3 recording with 2GB), Wav to 24bit/96kHz, MP3 to 320kbps/44.1kHz, silent, 6.9oz (190g).
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 02:28 AM   #2
New Boot

This looks really good. Has anyone actually tried one. Would love to know what the audio pickup is like from the built in microphones as I would love to use one to film my schools christmas concert which has always been difficult to get decent sound on a limited budget.
Jonathan Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I too would be very interested in reports on this product.............. and any feedback on sync'ing in PP2.

JohnG

Last edited by John Godden; November 14th, 2006 at 06:40 PM.
John Godden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 12:06 AM   #4
Regular Crew

mounting Zoom H4 to Bogen 560B monopod w/HV10

Suggestions anyone? I was thinking of possibly using a JimmyBox http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search I've confirmed that this box will accommodate the H4 but I'm not too crazy about having the Zoom sit directly below the cam not to mention the price. Maybe some type of inexpensive bracket will do the trick--I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks for any ideas on this.

ps for those looking for an in-depth discussion of the Zoom H4 (besides the above thread George has provided) you might want to check out this one at taperssection.com http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=68423.0 You have to register before viewing but at 12 pages and growing it's well worth it.
Michael Rowe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders