Problems Capturing 24F from HV10 to Final Cut Pro 5.1.2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old December 8th, 2006, 02:43 PM   #1
Tourist

Problems Capturing 24F from HV10 to Final Cut Pro 5.1.2

hello,

I am attempting to capture footage shot on a Canon XL-H1 at 1080i 24F / 1080p24. the HD10 camcorder plays the footage beautifully but when I attempt to digitize it into FCP, I can't get it to recognize the camera source.

either I set the digitizer at HDV 1080i60 and get footage at the wrong frame rate or set it at 1080p24 and get a message which says, basically, camera input is missing.

any thoughts for correct settings?

much thanks,

wil M.
velvetfilmsworldwide@gmail.com
Wil Masisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 02:06 PM   #2
Tourist

resolution

haven't yet gotten FCP HD to recognize the HV10 in 1080i 24p mode. I digitized the footage using an XL-H1. I did learn a few things, though. always, and I mean always, shoot in 60 or 50 for canon HD, then change to 24p or 25p after capture. resolution is better and less problematic; the algorithm is basically the same as what the camera does internally but works better later in the process.
Wil Masisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 03:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Curious if anyone has gotten FCP to recognize the HV10 when outputing 24f and if so what settings were used.
Michael Fischler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders