HV10 + Premiere Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old January 22nd, 2007, 02:09 PM   #1
New Boot

HV10 + Premiere Pro

Hey Guys,

I own Premiere Pro and i think it's absolutely great for editing video, however, I'm having some trouble with the built-in "Adobe media encoder". I have since purchased TMPGEnc XPress 4.0 for encoding but unfortunately it doesn't capture or edit well.

Is there a way to capture and edit in Premiere Pro and then somehow export or save my work in the same uncompressed (raw) format as the original so that I can encode using another program.

It seems that .AVI is the only practical export option and all the formats in the encoder seem to be compressing (event on high quality settings).

Here is a clip that was captured in Premiere (produced a 1 gig .mpeg file) and then cut and saved as .m2t on high settings. I then encoded it in TMPGEnc to wmv at 852x480.

http://www.brooklineservicecorp.com/Snow.wmv (Right-click Save As)
Derek Hunziker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2007, 03:36 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Possibly. But what, exactly, is the problem with the Adobe Media Encoder since you can't get it to work the way you want?
Old January 22nd, 2007, 11:08 PM   #3
New Boot

Well it's slow and overly complicated IMO. And every time I make a mistake with the settings I have to start over (in TMPGEnc there is a preview output option). The difference is night and day really.

I have already spent the $100 on TMPGEnc so I'm really hoping there is a proper way to save my Premiere work in the same raw, uncompressed format.

Do you use Premiere for encoding HD?
Derek Hunziker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Yes. And I save presets with my settings, so I'm not having a lot of trouble...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders