My first HV10 test. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old March 13th, 2007, 07:47 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Well until now I've just used the music I buy privately, and putting that music to private video I myself make is just another way of listening to the music I buy, so TONO should have no problem with that. Putting that video online for sharing is not to exhibit their music, its to exhibit the excellence of this camera. What the music on that videoclip might do is make people go out and buy music cause they heard it somewhere and want it. I dont' approve of music pirateing though, just to make that clear.

But apart from all that, I do not fully agree with the copyright as it is stated by the big corporations. According to TONO and others, we don't own the CD's or DVD's we buy, we just kinda rent them to listen to in a way approved by them. Like Itunes for example, we're free to buy and download and listen to music from there, as long as we only do it on approved devices, like an Ipod. That's not fair use, fair use is to enjoy your bought material in any way and anywhere you'd like, or else we'd have to pay once to listen on the Ipod, then pay again to listen to the same music on a different mp3 player, and again to play it on your computer, and again and again.

Like buying a DVD, you're allowed to play it on your DVD-player or on a computer, but once you make a backup of the data on that DVD just in case the disc gets scratched and unplayable, they wanna call the cops on you. They actually want you to go out and buy the same DVD again if it scratches, because that's the way they make money. They don't care if your disc gets scratched, they treat you like a pirate for making a backup of their disc.
And who gets payed when or if you go out and buy that same music or DVD again? It's not the artists or studios, it's the distributor, or the record company, because that's what they do, charge as much money as they can without sharing it with the artist other than a percentage of the initial sales.

So I dont' fully agree with the copyright laws. I'm all for paying the artists, but not for filling the pockets of greedy corporations bent on sucking the consumer dry. What's interesting though is that most of the big record and movie corporations are beginning to lean away from DRM alltogether. And Microsoft execs have recently stated in interviews that if people are gonna steal intellectual property, they want it to be theirs, cause when people use their stuff and find that they like it, they're more inclined to buying it, basically what this post over at engadget says: http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/13/c...bed-microsoft/ .

Hope yall enjoy the clip, the HV10 is fantastic, and if you like the music go out and buy it :)

Last edited by Rune Austefjord; March 14th, 2007 at 01:50 AM.
Rune Austefjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:27 AM   #17
Trustee

Rune, I disagree with your statements!
Let's say that I use some of your HV-10 footage (which is very nice) in one of my films, without any credits to you? Not even let you know that I used it. The film was then put up to a festival, where it was screened. A broadcast company from Norway was present and bought it. One evening you was sitting relaxed in front of the TV and suddenly you was watching some footage which was very familiar to you in the film without even giving you any credits. I'm not sure how you would react but I would have been veeery upset!

Well, my replies to you have been OT, so before Chris Hurd put a padlock on this thread, think again about your use of copyright music!
Old March 14th, 2007, 04:18 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Johan View Post
Rune, I disagree with your statements!
Let's say that I use some of your HV-10 footage (which is very nice) in one of my films, without any credits to you? Not even let you know that I used it.
Then you didn't get my first point, I'm not condoning piracy, and am all for paying the artist, so if you and I agree on that, you wouldn't use my amateur footage without crediting me :)

But I understand that you and I disagree on the other points, and I do understand where you're coming from, so lets just say that I'm slightly wrong in my views and I know it. Doesnt' make the corporations less greedy though :)
Rune Austefjord is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders