Having problems capturing from HV10 on FCP5.14 lately at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old March 18th, 2007, 09:02 AM   #1
Trustee

Having problems capturing from HV10 on FCP5.14 lately

I started to have problems capturiing from HV10 lately and misses many seconds of video even in the middle of shots.
It could be caused by other video hardware drivers installed but anybody else having the same problems? Maybe my camera dropping frames during playback? (I wll do the same capturing with G1 to see if there's any similar problems).
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 06:53 PM   #2
Trustee

I found out few things after I tried various ways last night.

First, you have to be careful that the new easy preset of FCP5.14 has Sony HDV selected for the device control, so that won't work well with HV10, that has to be set back to HDV Firewire Basic as it's always been.

The G1 that I was using to shoot seems to have problems with recording ending up dropping frames with even nothing challenging to shoot. So, that was causing the drops. It was recorded that way on the tape.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders