Advice on HV20 or HVR-Z1E please at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 7th, 2007, 02:17 AM   #1
Tourist

Advice on HV20 or HVR-Z1E please

Hi. I'm a stills photographer and I need to buy a camcorder to film firefighters at work. This will include within the fire engine on its way to calls. I have been looking at the Sony HVR-Z1E but it's quite large in physical size. The HV20 is better in size for me. I understand it will be a comprimise, quality v size but both are very important. As I know nothing about this sort of camera I would appreciate any help or guidance regarding which one to buy. I need to be able to produce high quality work that will be used in training, presentations etc for many years to come.
Thanks
john 8-)
John Callan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 06:55 AM   #2
Trustee

John, I had the FX1 and still have the FX7. I can honestly say the HV20 picture quality is right up there with either one of these in most conditions. The FX1 may be better in low light, but in normal lighting the HV20 can actually produce a sharper, cleaner video. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true.

What you will give up is the ultimate in adjustability, but you may find you have enough adjustments for what you're doing to be absolutely fine.
Ken Ross is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders