Anybody try moving footage TO the HV20 via firewire? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 7th, 2007, 01:23 PM   #1
Major Player

Anybody try moving footage TO the HV20 via firewire?

There was all kinds of talk of using the HV20 as a 2nd camera and as an inexpensive deck, but I'm curious about how the HV20 works as a deck that would be recieving footage.

Since the HV20 adds pulldown to 24p footage you shoot, I guess I'm most curious about how a true 24p clip (with reverse telecine applied) is captured back onto a tape in the camera versus how a 24p project that was left as 60i (the way it came OUT of the camera) would be captured back onto the tape.

Does the camera add pulldown back onto the true 24p clip as the info flies through the firewire cable? Would it end up being 100% identical to the 2nd clip that's 24p/60i and never had pulldown removed?

Just curious
David Garvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 01:40 PM   #2
Trustee

I've had absolutely no problem moving HDV footage from the computer to the HV20. I've done that with both my footage and footage I've downloaded from others.

I really haven't worked much with 24p, so I'll profess ignorance on that one.
Ken Ross is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders