Slow Motion: HV20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 21st, 2007, 02:14 PM   #1
Major Player

Slow Motion: HV20

Here's a slow-motion clip of my wife bouncing a large purple ball. My daughter runs in and out of the frame as well.

It was a point and shoot at 1/500

Slowed down to 40% and deinterlaced in Premiere Pro 1.5

http://www.morecowbellpictures.com/d...slowmotion.wmv

Mike
Old April 23rd, 2007, 08:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Wow...that is crisp and clean slow mo.. It seems however if you used a slower shutter speed you would get rid of that judder like effect
...maybe like 120 or 250 shutter.
Ian G. Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 07:18 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. Thompson View Post
Wow...that is crisp and clean slow mo.. It seems however if you used a slower shutter speed you would get rid of that judder like effect
...maybe like 120 or 250 shutter.
Thanks, it looks clean to me as well. Maybe I'll try some different shutter speeds and see if I can pick up the difference.

I really didn't notice a judder like effect. Can you tell me where to look for it?

Thanks,

Mike
Old April 24th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #4
Major Player

Maybe it's just me but I can see sort of that "Saving Private Ryan" effect but in slow motion. I saw the same thing in another user's slow motion clip..I believe it was Vasser (sp) where he was running accross a fence. Both yours and his looked very good and is very clean but I still seem to notice that judder like movement.

There was another user who said he owns an HVX..he displayed two different clips with him running (one with the HVX and the other with the HV20) and you could not tell them apart (actually the HV20 seemed much cleaner). I believe he used a slower shutter speed than 1/500...more like 1/120 or even 1/250. It was smooth.
Ian G. Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. Thompson View Post
Maybe it's just me but I can see sort of that "Saving Private Ryan" effect but in slow motion. I saw the same thing in another user's slow motion clip..I believe it was Vasser (sp) where he was running accross a fence. Both yours and his looked very good and is very clean but I still seem to notice that judder like movement.

There was another user who said he owns an HVX..he displayed two different clips with him running (one with the HVX and the other with the HV20) and you could not tell them apart (actually the HV20 seemed much cleaner). I believe he used a slower shutter speed than 1/500...more like 1/120 or even 1/250. It was smooth.
No problem, thanks for that.
I'm just trying to learn as I go...

I'll try some lower shutter speeds and see what happens.

Thanks,

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders