DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Contacting Canon re: adding 24p pulldown flags (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/92971-contacting-canon-re-adding-24p-pulldown-flags.html)

Elmer Lang May 2nd, 2007 12:51 PM

A cause worth joining! I sent 2 emails and still have my righteous indignation, you can't beat that.

Taj Jackson May 2nd, 2007 01:24 PM

Great idea!!! I sent an email just now as well..

Peter J Alessandria May 2nd, 2007 02:07 PM

Woo Hoo!!! Power to the people!

Mike Dulay May 2nd, 2007 10:34 PM

Poor Nick, I think he's the only one answering email today. At least we have one guy who sees the volume. 8-)

C.S. Michael May 2nd, 2007 10:56 PM

lol, I got a response from Nick also. We are keeping him busy.

Chris Barcellos May 2nd, 2007 11:53 PM

Nick responded to my email to.. Good ole Nick...

Steve Szudzik May 3rd, 2007 12:06 AM

Guess I'm the only one that Nick didn't reply to. I got a much more canned response from Chris!

Steve

Daymon Hoffman May 3rd, 2007 08:05 AM

I'm going to send off an email shortly. Seems i'm NOW a HV20 owner and all (new born, a few hours old!). LOL

I am but one person. Now with added +1 for power. ;)

Martin Newsome May 3rd, 2007 08:16 AM

i have yet to buy an HV20 but very intrested in it for the image quality thinking of buying one this week perhaps but i really hate the 24p pulldown issue i have no proplem with this with my dvx100b ofcourse vegas 6 user here but what i wanted to ask was if its CANON proplem to fix how do they fix this i hear the word firmware fixing does this mean i would have to return my camera back to CANON to fix it and they add software to make it so they look for the pull down ?????

Tim Homola May 3rd, 2007 08:34 AM

Canon sent me a survey link for their customer service and I filled it out generally postive, but left it that the issue was not resolved. We'll see what happens.

Gary Baines May 3rd, 2007 09:26 AM

I just sent my email & filled out that form.

If this works, maybe we should request a complete manual mode next (with shutter & aperture info displayed on the screen).

Martin Newsome May 3rd, 2007 09:47 AM

can anyone tell me about what firmware upgrade would men if i bought the HV20 will i have to give the camera back to CANON for the upgrade and they send it back

Peter J Alessandria May 3rd, 2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Newsome (Post 672047)
can anyone tell me about what firmware upgrade would men if i bought the HV20 will i have to give the camera back to CANON for the upgrade and they send it back ?

Marty - chill... :-) I don't have my owners manual in front of me but I believe what you do is download the firmware update to your mini-SD card (the one you use for still photos on the HV20 - ain't got one? $20 for a 1GB card at Buy.com), put the card in the camera and it does the firmware update automatically.

Martin Newsome May 3rd, 2007 10:18 AM

thanx peter one question how would i down load the firmware on to the sd card ?

Peter J Alessandria May 3rd, 2007 10:21 AM

You'd need a card reader for your computer. Download the HV20 update to your computer and copy to the SD card. The Mini (and Micro) SD cards come with their own adapter so a regular, full size SD reader can hold them. Many PC's these days come with a built-in card reader or you can get a USB one for under $20.