HV20 exposure manual control - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 4th, 2007, 12:21 AM   #16
Regular Crew

On top of displaying f-stop and shutter, it does give you the picture, with burnt in info about exposure/shutter for later reference, and it also shows you the focal length and metering mode in EXIF data.

And the original time/date, which I do not understand why we can not capture. The camcorder can play back the tape, displaying time/date/shutter and f-stop. It would be nice to have this info included in the clips.

Unfortunately, the EXIF does not contain ISO / gain info.
Povl H. Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 10:05 AM   #17
Major Player

I'm not using the HV20 for stills either. Are you saying pressing the photo button while shooting video (assuming I have a card and still image recording selected) will display the shutter/ apeture on the camera's viewfinder while I'm recording? - or only after the fact by reviewing the still images EXIF data?

Edit: Never mind - got it. While recording.
Peter J Alessandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #18
New Boot

ISO in EXIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Povl H. Pedersen View Post
On top of displaying f-stop and shutter, it does give you the picture, with burnt in info about exposure/shutter for later reference, and it also shows you the focal length and metering mode in EXIF data.

And the original time/date, which I do not understand why we can not capture. The camcorder can play back the tape, displaying time/date/shutter and f-stop. It would be nice to have this info included in the clips.

Unfortunately, the EXIF does not contain ISO / gain info.
If it's like the Canon Point and SHoots such as the G7, then we should see the correct ISO in EXIF *IF* we use their ZoomBrowser I think- have not looked yet.
Philip Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 01:49 PM   #19
Major Player

Thank you guys for these very useful info.
Best
Ron
Ron German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 01:14 AM   #20
New Boot

this is a tutorial i made a few days ago on how to control the aperture and gain on the HV20. i had been up for about 20 hours so you can tell I'm a little muddled and tired. so if someone else want to make a better one that's more clear, please do so :)

this is the PAL version, so it's basically exactly the same but the NTSC version would have different shutter speeds.

you need a miniSD card in your camera for this to work.

http://www.dvinfo.net/media/canon/hv...urecontrol.mov

i prefer to use cine mode because you get the extra shutter speeds if you need them. you get 25, 29, 33 ,40 and 50 where as you only get 25 and 50 in TV mode.

Last edited by Patrick Jennings; May 5th, 2007 at 07:12 AM.
Patrick Jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 03:32 AM   #21
Major Player

Fantastic video!

Thanks ever so much for doing that - really helpful to see it demonstrated rather than in text.

So when in Cine mode extra shutter speeds?! Wow I will have to check that out.
Fergus Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 11:28 AM   #22
Inner Circle

Nice job on that tutorial. Helpful, to say the least. Makes the camera that much more controlable....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders