24p Pulldown Removed by New Sony Vegas 7.0e Update? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 3rd, 2007, 04:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

24p Pulldown Removed by New Sony Vegas 7.0e Update?

Are the 24P flag limitations fixed with the new update to Vegas 7.0e?
Jonathan Gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 10:30 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Gentry View Post
Are the 24P flag limitations fixed with the new update to Vegas 7.0e?
No. The issue remains in 7e.
Peter J Alessandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 10:32 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I have just alerted Vegas to the problem and from their reply they were not aware of it. Here is my email to them:

"I just want to make a comment about the new update 7.0E.

I know your first priority is to support Sony cameras and make sure they are fully compatable with your product.

You have however missed an important opportunity with this update to support the new Canon HV20 camcorder which is the top selling HDV camera on the market at this time. People who buy and have your product are buying this camera.

Here is the issue. Canon has decided not to put flags in their 24P stream and so people are using third party software to remove the frames. If you had supported this camera with the 7.0 release your product would have increased sales volume dramatically with the dramatic sales of this camera. Believe me this for the money is the best camera on the market so it has an effect on your bottom line.

Please pass this to the proper party and know it will have an effect on your sales of the Vegas product. No doubt it's not your fault that Canon has encoded this way but you would have been the only major NLE to support the most popular camera on the market."

And here is their reply:

"Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for writing. One thing about that camcorder, does it have some kind of alternate 24p setting? I know there are Sony camcorders that require you set it to 24a if you know you are going to edit video on an NLE. Our tech support team is not too familiar with the inner-workings of the HV20 so anything you can pass along to us will be most helpful.

Sincerely,

Marc S.
Customer Service & Technical Support
Sony Creative Software Inc"

I am looking for the most technical way of explaining the issue now to send a reply...
Jonathan Gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 10:39 AM   #4
Major Player

Very eloquent Jonathan. Have you already sent an email to Canon on the issue?
Peter J Alessandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:06 AM   #5
Regular Crew

well done jonathan hopefull canon or vegas wil get somthing done maybe even both , vegas 6 user here have yet to buy this camera although i want to im stalling do to the no way to edit the footage in 24p and pulldown easy in vegas
Martin Newsome is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders