HV20 questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 8th, 2007, 12:01 PM   #1
Major Player

HV20 questions

I have an HC3 that Im happy with for the most part but the AF is really starting to kill me. Im noticing more and more that it is locking onto the back ground instead of my subject. Yesterday I had my son walking parallel to me and I had him filling the frame pretty good and centered but still the focus locked onto the back wall.

How is the HV20's focus ? Does it keep focus if you are centered pretty good or is there a way you can maybe hit the photo button to refocus ?

I wish video cameras had at least 1 focus point like SLR cameras so when you point the focus point at what you want the camera will know where to focus.

When in aperture mode and you adjust the exposeure is it adjusting the shutterspeed and gain, and when in shutter mode does exposure adjust aperture and gain ?

Im really thinking of getting this cam.

Thanks Joey
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I got to test the HV20 very briefly until I discovered the SD card slot was bad, it seemed fairly good on Auto focus.

One suggestion for your HC3 - enable "spot focus", and you can do exactly what you're looking for - touch the screen and it locks on the point you touch - since the touchscreen gets so much criticism, I think the spot focus and spot exposure get overlooked - they work quite well.

DB>)
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 01:22 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Joey:

The instant auto focus setting is a tremendous help in this camera, in certain situation. It rapidly refocuses, and you learn where to center to make that happen.. You can also slip in and out of auto focus at push of button when you are not in full auto..
Old May 8th, 2007, 02:12 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks guys

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders