An automated Vegas 24p workflow.. - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 24th, 2007, 06:05 PM   #61
Major Player

Duane, do any of your directories or filenames contain any spaces? Try it with a straight file with a short name.
Old May 27th, 2007, 04:00 PM   #62
New Boot

hey everyone, how do.
i recently got an hv20 and have been lurking trying to absorb all the knowledge i could. today i chanced across a 1394 cable and finally got around to capturing some video. the capture process over hdvsplit couldn't have been smoother, i can watch the .m2t files via videolan/vlc just fine, and i can manually demux them with dgindex with no error. however, when i try to run a clip through hv20pulldown.exe, it crashes in-between dgindex and virtualdub, throwing this error:

"Avisynth Open Failure:
TFM: d2v file is not a d2v file or is of unsupported format!
(C:\HV20\work\test_.avs, line 4)"

now, when i run the m2t file through dgindex manually, the resultant video file is around 50 megabytes. when i attempt to use this app, the file comes out to 1k. the audio file is around 775kb each time. clearly something is affecting the way dgindex is handling my video. what gives, a/v jedis? anyone have any suggestions? is this what happens because when i manually try dgindex, i choose "save project and demux video" and pulldown.exe just saves the project? can i try and convince pulldown.exe to do so?

many thanks in advance.
(i would sign my name, but it's right over there...)
Tim Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 04:13 PM   #63
Regular Crew

Did you copy the DGdecode.dll to avisynth plugin folder?
I think thats the problem.
Ajit Bikram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #64
New Boot

thanks for the überfast reply! actually, i just did a little searching and it says tivtc must be v.1.0.1 and not v.1.0b4... silly me. crisis averted, but your assistance is much appreciated :)
Tim Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #65
Regular Crew

Bitte! (It seems you speak German!)
Oh Ya! That version problem is there too!! Great that its working for you now!
Enjoy!
Ajit Bikram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 10:08 PM   #66
Major Player

You can find the correct version of the TIVT plugin (TIVTCv101.zip) here: http://bengal.missouri.edu/~kes25c/old_stuff/

But I have a new problem. It says:
Avisynth open failure:
Script error: Invalid arguments to funtion "Delay Audio"
(E:\ViedeoPulldown\CFHDCap_.avs, line 7)

Has anybody any clue what that is and how to fix it?
Thanks,
Matthias
Matthias Krause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 12:55 AM   #67
Regular Crew

Make sure your using VirtualDubMod and not VirtualDub, though I don't think thats necessarily the problem. VDub regular errors out earlier than that on the stream items.

In your CFHDCap_.avs file, what is the line that contains DelayAudio? It should be a number..

Steve
Steve Szudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:40 AM   #68
Major Player

finally found it. It says: "DelayAudio(0,003)"
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:58 AM   #69
Regular Crew

Ok, that certainly doesn't seem right. I noticed you have a .de email, are you running German version of Windows? I'm thinking that the globalization features of .Net are causing the issue with the delay audio setting for you. The value should be in total milliseconds, so no ',' mark. Now, if you could find a german version of DGIndex... ; )

I updated my executable to force a specific globalization. I don't have a "language" machine here to validate on, but it should force it to use the English notation.

Try the updated exe at: http://www.szudzik.net/vegas/scripts/HV20Pulldown.exe

If that doesn't work, then I'll just brute force it for you. Let me know..

--Steve
Old May 28th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #70
Major Player

Steve, downloaded the new .exe - and it works!!!!
While I'm German I don't use a German Windows version anymore, I bought my current XP here in NYC. But some of my language setting are for "Deutsch" like in Word. Maybe that was the problem? Who knows... Thank you so much, great work!
Old May 28th, 2007, 05:46 PM   #71
Regular Crew

Glad that took care of it. I guess your my first "localized" customer! Who knew Windows would make it so easy ;)
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:57 PM   #72
New Boot

Hello,

I was able to get 24P Pulldown to work fairly easily, but when I use Lagarith Lossless, the resulting file is distorted and the video is slow, almost choppy. The audio plays normal in the background, finishes, then the video is still playing. I tried opening the file in Vegas Movie Studio and rendering it as a WMV, which helped the slowness, but not the distortion. I am only using Movie Studio 4.0, and thinking maybe it's not recent enough to support my HD needs?

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've heard that using uncompressed AVI is generally fine as far as quality, but for right now, disk space is at a premium.
Rick Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 03:57 PM   #73
Major Player

Rick, try reencoding in XViD HiDef profile with 4000K bit rate. This encodes a lossy method but lets you see motion. Check if you can still see the distortion. Can you describe it?
Old June 1st, 2007, 09:09 AM   #74
New Boot

When you say reencode, do you mean taking the raw .m2t file and running it through 24p Pulldown again? I don't have an option there for XVid HiDef, do you know where I could find that? Is it a settings profile or a codec?

The distorition is like something was filmed in widescreen and now you're watching on 4:3 but the aspect ratio is messed up, and everything was squeezed in from the sides, resulting in an elongated picture.
Rick Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 10:32 AM   #75
Regular Crew

Rick,
I think I know what you are talking about. I have also seen the same thing (video moving slow; audio finishes but video continues and the frames look 4:3 i.e. squashed) while using Lagarith Lossless codec.
What you could do is to read the avi file in NLE (say vegas), drop it in the timeline, right-click property and fix the pixel aspect ratio. I did that and the footage is fine.
Ajit Bikram is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders