Egypt - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old May 31st, 2007, 09:37 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Well, it'd certainly be nice to get a check from Canon! Thanks for the compliment.

As for the moving shots, no, I did everything hand held. My biggest issue with the camera is the small size, which makes handheld shots a little more difficult to do well. I'd like to play around with a rig of some sort to see if I can get some smoother shots.
Mikon Haaksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:57 PM   #17
Regular Crew

no Mikon i mean did yo ushoot with the camera in 24p mode or in regular 60i mode ?????????? it all 1080i but did you shoot with 24p proggresive or interlaced 60i and what were your settings ???????????????
Martin Newsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 10:18 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikon Haaksman View Post
As for the moving shots, no, I did everything hand held. My biggest issue with the camera is the small size, which makes handheld shots a little more difficult to do well. I'd like to play around with a rig of some sort to see if I can get some smoother shots.
I think you have an amazingly steady hand, even some of my test video isn't that smooth.. need to play with my HV20 more and its been a busy week..
Norm Goodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 10:30 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Newsome View Post
no Mikon i mean did yo ushoot with the camera in 24p mode or in regular 60i mode ?????????? it all 1080i but did you shoot with 24p proggresive or interlaced 60i and what were your settings ???????????????
Well, my assumption is that 1080i means 60i, which is the default for this camera. 24p would be the HDV pf24 setting option - which I didn't use. So no, I did not shoot 24p. As for settings, I kept the shutter set at 6o and locked exposure for most shots. I used the "shade" white balance setting. I hope this helps.
Old May 31st, 2007, 10:32 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Goodger View Post
I think you have an amazingly steady hand, even some of my test video isn't that smooth.. need to play with my HV20 more and its been a busy week..
Thanks, Norm. I think the key is to really concentrate on the handheld shot when you do it. I even try to roll my feet as I walk to reduce additional movement. But, I still wish that it could be smoother. That's where a larger camera's heft can help.
Old June 1st, 2007, 04:35 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Mikon.. nice footage... and now the question I was waiting on someone else to ask...

what music did you use with the footage

thanks
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 04:40 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
[...] what music did you use with the footage [...]
Just wanted to post that question... ;-)
I liked the footage very much and think the music fits it well.

Regards, Oliver
Oliver Reik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:19 AM   #23
Regular Crew

I used music from Thievery Corporation. The very beginning is from a song called "Facing East", then I added a song called "The Supreme Illusion".
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:31 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Hello Mikon,

thank you very much for this information. I hoped it might be some kind of royalty free music, so that I could also use it for my shorts...

Regards,

Oliver
Oliver Reik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 06:43 AM   #25
Regular Crew

Well, if I were going to try to sell the video, I'd certainly go the royalty free route as well. If Thievery Corporation has objections to me using the music here, I'll certainly remove it.
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:16 PM   #26
Regular Crew

I don't think they will complain as yours and theres goes together so well :-)
Old June 2nd, 2007, 10:30 AM   #27
Regular Crew

Mikon... you indicated that you are still editing... I found these songs
this morning that you might be interested in....

"nettie gem" by Govi the album is Jewel Box
"road to instanbul" by Govi the album is Saffron and silk
Old June 2nd, 2007, 08:40 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Thanks Ray,

I found the music on itunes and I like it a lot. There's so much good music out there it's always difficult to pick just the right piece. I'll try ti out and see if it works with the section I'm cutting now.
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:22 PM   #29
Major Player

Hi Mikon - another one to say "great job". Very impressive. Though I too would swear you shot 24p or at least CineMode. But either way thanks for sharing.
Edit: Oh, I see from part two that you deinterlaced the footage. That explains the look.
Peter J Alessandria is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders