Egypt Part 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old June 7th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Egypt Part 2

So here is part 2 of my Egypt trip. The video is about 7 minutes and highlights all the major sites I visited while there. I think you'll find it feels more like a mini documentary set to music, but my intention was to show friends and family the places we saw without boring them to tears.

http://gibopictures.com/video/egyptpart2.mov

File is about 167 MB and is an mp4 encode to save bandwidth.

Shot all of this 1080i (60i) and was deinterlaced in the encode.
Mikon Haaksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:04 PM   #2
Major Player

Excellent! Really nice footage. It's amazing how those stone carvings have stood the test of time. I never realised there were so many of them though. You must have been out shooting non stop the whole trip?
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:47 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you! It's funny actually, when I look at the sites edited together it all seems to run together somewhat. Mark it up to a very aesthetically consistent culture.
I did shoot a lot - partly because I kept saying to myself, "man, won't that look cool in hi-def?" But I do video work for a living, so it just sort of happens that way.

Last edited by Mikon Haaksman; June 7th, 2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old June 8th, 2007, 09:26 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Excellent again Mikon, what are you editing this all together with? You might have said in some thread, but I cannot recall now..
Norm Goodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2007, 09:47 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thnks for the compliment, Norm. I've been cutting with FInal Cut Pro. Been using it for about 5 years now.
Old June 12th, 2007, 11:12 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Mikon, when you export the clips that you are posting, what settings are you using?
Old June 12th, 2007, 01:25 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I had been struggling for a while to get a decent export and stumbled on a thread somewhere which said that if you have Quicktime, you can export a file using the "Apple TV" setting. You can't modify the settings on the preset, but it does a decent job of compression. Essentially, it turns it into an MP4 file.

I hope this helps.
Old June 12th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikon Haaksman View Post
I had been struggling for a while to get a decent export and stumbled on a thread somewhere which said that if you have Quicktime, you can export a file using the "Apple TV" setting. You can't modify the settings on the preset, but it does a decent job of compression. Essentially, it turns it into an MP4 file.

I hope this helps.
That does help, so your Egypt clips have been Apple TV exports.. They do look pretty good.. thanks for the feedback...
Old June 12th, 2007, 07:40 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the compression as I had been trying for a while to get a decent combination of file size and compression. This was the better than my other attempts.
Mikon Haaksman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders