hv20 capture in FCS 2 w/ A1 footage not working... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old June 14th, 2007, 10:39 AM   #1
Contributor

hv20 capture in FCS 2 w/ A1 footage not working...

2 issues here:

#1: when i try to capture a tape shot on a canon a1 in 24F mode (playing back in a canon hv20-shows 24F on lcd) to AIC the resulting clip shows up as 29.97 and the audio is out of sync. i have previously used this workflow in 5.1.4, and AIC and HDV clips were captured correctly at 23.98

#2: because i can't get the AIC capture method to work, i then set up to capture as HDV. capture works fine, and resulting clip shows up as 23.98 and the audio is synced. the kicker is the clips capture to the harddrive but do not show up in the browser. when trying to move the clips into the browser from the capture scratch FCP says "file error: unknown file."

i have quit/unplugged/reset setups/tried various easy setups etc.. to no avail, i always get these same results. is there anyone out there with a similar workflow who might be able to run a test?

I'm currently taking the files from the capture scratch and transcoding to prorez and then moving them into fcp.
Old June 15th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Fcp2

I have had no problem capturing a1 footage (from my HV20) and it showing up as 23.98. All seems to works as planned.
Also I can play HV20 and A1 footage in same open timelone.
MAybe there is some sonflict with an old version of FCP and the new.
MAybe try and reinstall FCP2. Maybe some problem with your scratch disc?
Let me know what you find. I will continue to search.
Ryan Flesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 05:30 PM   #3
Contributor

yeah, i'm about due to do a complete system reinstall. when you say you can play a1 and hv20 footage in the same timeline are you talking about 24p footage or 60i?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders