Live Capture through HDMI - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old July 4th, 2007, 09:08 AM   #16
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maier View Post
Is this what the SI-2K uses?

By the way David, why downrezing to 720p? For storage reasons?
SI-2K use very different technology -- CineForm RAW, it is pretty cool. Read more here : http://www.cineform.com/technology/CineForm_RAW.htm

Many 1080i HDV cameras don't resolve too much over 720p, so sometime is worth scaling to the core image data. However, I only made this suggestion as the original poster asked.
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:39 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Is this what the SI-2K uses?

By the way David, why downrezing to 720p? For storage reasons?
i wont be resizing, i'll just leve 1080p for greater resolution, the final project may be 720p but with 1080 it will have better resulotion for when i resize.

i was just stationg that no camcorders shoot at 720p but with cineform itll be easier to encode and store 1080p
David Braund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:40 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
David,

We have discounts for schools, but not for individual student sales -- we are already price aggressively for independent film makers. CineForm works very well with Sony Vegas, but not with Apple Color which is currently exclusive to a few Apple codec (greatly limiting the usefulness of Color.) We have voiced our complaint to Apple.
ok, cool

thanks for the help
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:58 AM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
SI-2K use very different technology -- CineForm RAW, it is pretty cool.
Is the codec available to buy separately and be used to record from other cameras?

Quote:
Many 1080i HDV cameras don't resolve too much over 720p, so sometime is worth scaling to the core image data. However, I only made this suggestion as the original poster asked.
Yes but in the case of the HV20 is has native 1920x1080 so doesn't make real sense do scale it down to 720p unless you truly need that resolution.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Braund View Post
i wont be resizing, i'll just leve 1080p for greater resolution, the final project may be 720p but with 1080 it will have better resulotion for when i resize.

i was just stationg that no camcorders shoot at 720p but with cineform itll be easier to encode and store 1080p

OK so you are only resizing because you need it in 720p, maybe a client demand or something?
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #21
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Is the codec available to buy separately and be used to record from other cameras?
Yes, if you have an Arri D20, Red One or Dalsa Origin, bascially you need access the RAW sensor data. If someone hacks a HV20 for the raw data then we can support that to :)
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:43 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
OK so you are only resizing because you need it in 720p, maybe a client demand or something?
i dont need to shoot or store the footage in 720p, i can shoot at 1080p, store at 1080p but if needed then encode it to 720p

i did originally want to shoot at 720p but id rather keep the extra resolution
Old July 11th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #23
Tourist

INTENSITY DirectShow support with VIDEOLAN

Hello,

I’m planning to buy an HV20 + INTENSITY.

- I already have a canon MVX3i (SD DV camcorder with 10x optical zoom). I can’t use this device for realtime monitoring. There is a delay about 500ms between what you film and what you get on screen (I tried with S-VIDEO out and via DV capture). So I need to know if the canon HV20 HDMI and DV output displays in realtime.

- I’ve seen INTENSITY supports DirectShow in the online PDF manual.
Could anyone confirm VLC can use this device ? http://www.videolan.org
To use a DirectShow device for realtime monitoring: open menu -> capture device. If it’s not in the video capture device list, click on the refresh list button. Select the intensity, then hit ok

Regards,
Francois Stephane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 10:28 AM   #24
Tourist

INTENSITY DirectShow support with VIDEOLAN

Woops, sorry, didn't see the post had been sent
Francois Stephane is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders