Sony HC7 tapes in a HV20 for capturing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old July 17th, 2007, 06:25 AM   #1
Trustee

Sony HC7 tapes in a HV20 for capturing

It turns out that fellow DVInfo'er Terry Reilley and I have a bit in common. My step-daughter is participating in an organization he is running. I want to help out a bit in some of the following weeks capturing some footage. I have a Glidecam and also have a 15' tower plus good audio for in place footage.

Terry has a HV20. I have a HC7. It would be most convienent for me to shoot and hand him the tapes (Terry had a demo running at a booth this weekend of footage he has already shot and cut - looks really good compared to some of the other stuff up and down the way including footage I know was shot on Canon XL1's).

A previous HV10/20 forum thread mentions that were no issues with a HC1 tape in a HV10. I am assuming that with X.Y. Color off, that is still true with the HC7 to the HV20. Is that anyone else's experience?
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 11:50 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi George,

I crossed the tapes between my HC7 (xvc on! I presume any additional info is just ignored, but I like how xvc looks...) and the HV20 with no apparent issues - in fact it was how I discovered that the LCD on the HC7 is set very dim by comparison to the HV20, the HC7 footage looked better on the 20 until I adjusted my LCD brightness on the 7...

You'll have some CC issues between the two cams, may want to experiment a bit with settings before you shoot so they are minimal - I've found the color is great on both, but "different".

And yes, either of these cams will smoke most SD cameras, even expensive ones... just keep 'em steady...
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders