Confused about 24p - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old August 28th, 2007, 04:28 PM   #46
Major Player

I've got the Intel Mac Pro with HD-SDI / HDMI in.. you build that kind of functionality for the Macintosh, natively, and you'll have another buyer ;) Because, all in one step in OS X, that’d be pretty darn cool.
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:59 AM   #47
Major Player

In light of my recent findings, I must say, the original poster was way off. Once properly treated - and it's not hard, the tools are easily at hand - the HV20's 24P footage is truly true 24P, just like we've all been saying all along. The chroma is fine - I messed up my reverse telecine before, but now that it's done without tinkering, it works as it should. Rest easy - the HV20 will take care of the rest.
Old August 29th, 2007, 02:12 AM   #48
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ducon View Post
...the HV20's 24P footage is truly true 24P...
23,976............................................................................................;)
Serge Victorovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #49
Regular Crew

for Robert:

Hey Robert,
When in FCP, don't "rotate" the image, but rather, use "flip." (or is it "Flop"? I'm not sure off hand.)
Check both the "vertical" and "horizontal" boxes, and it will get your image in the correct orientation without the need for rendering anything.

The image quality will be better, too.

Just a trick I discovered.

joel
Joel Endicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #50
Major Player

Aye Serge, thanks for steering me on the right track with that FPS thing. ;)

Joel, good idea. However, I just spent five minutes scrutinizing the frames that I rotated, and there is no detectable image loss. So the 'flip' filter might be faster, but I can't see how it'll make the image better. Thanks though.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders