Carry bag for XA10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders

Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
For the Canon XA25, XA20, XA10 and all VIXIA / LEGRIA Series AVCHD camcorders.

Old October 9th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #1
Major Player

Carry bag for XA10

Hey all,

What carry bag do you use for your XA10?

I'm after something that will hold my XA10, DSLR, accessories, etc. There's so many on the market it's almost impossible to find a good one...

So, what does everyone use?

Edit: Sorry guys, just found a thread down the page about this.. Mods feel free to delete.
Jody Arnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Carry bag for XA10

The question rests not only on what gear you intend to carrry, but what your purpose for carrying is. That is are you hiking or back packing, doing weddings and similar events, lugging gear to shoot a documentary in the outback, the odd nephew's birthday party, and so on.

A lot of choices out there. I currently use a Tamrac hand-me-down from my GL1, but do not need to co-pack a DSLR.
Old October 10th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #3
Major Player

I basically need something to transport my gear to and from events.. so it doesn't need to be a back pack as I usually unpack everything once I get on location.

I need to carry my XA10, 550D (1 lens), batteries, mics, cables, accessories, etc.
Jody Arnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi There,

The XA10 is so small that any photo bag beyond tiny will do. I use a Lowepro backpack Pro Runner 450 AW for

Canon XA10 - Canon G15, - wireless Mic kit - Wired shutgun mic - Manfrotto LED light - EX 430 Canon Flash - large headphones and all kind of small items + a small, but full size tripod outside.

Originally I had it all in an AmazonBasics backpack, but I wanted to have a tripod as well in the kit.
I could add in a SLR like a 650D with a 18-200 mm with no problems, but then the headphones would have to be replaced with a smaller model. I use a Vic Filth model with 25 dB passive noise reduction. Very nice, but big.

The best

JOS. Svendsen
Jos Svendsen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders