Upgrade recommendations at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders

Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders
For the Canon XA25, XA20, XA10 and all VIXIA / LEGRIA Series AVCHD camcorders.

Old March 21st, 2013, 04:18 PM   #1
Tourist

Upgrade recommendations

I've been a magazine writer and still photographer for 30 years. About two years ago I started a YouTube channel, but I'm dumb as a rock on video equipment, so my stuff is no great shakes.

This year, besides my YouTube channel I've been getting contracts to do videos for a website. I've got contracts for five videos and I've submitted four so far. And I may be getting a contract for multimedia website articles for an outdoor sports cable TV channel's website.

I'm doing all my video with a Canon Vixia HF R20, a Vixia HF R10 and a Midland Radio XRC-300 action cam, along with mics, et al.

I think I need to upgrade, but I don't want to break the bank because video is still only 20% of my revenue, and cost matters.

I wouldn't mind suggestions.

Here's a video showing my stuff and how it is used.

Thanks for the help.
Mike Beliveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:19 AM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Upgrade recommendations

Two business questions:

What is your budget? (that sets a limit on what gear you should consider)

What additional capability do you need that your current kit does not provide? (If you cannot come up with serious answers here, then there is no real business need and you can save some money. But often we want to upgrade for non-business reasons - then it becomes partly a hobby.)
Old March 22nd, 2013, 07:15 PM   #3
New Boot

Re: Upgrade recommendations

Video really lays out your situation. Nicely done.

Your not shooting in low light and your not shooting moving targets so I think the cameras abilities are sufficient to me. Hoping to hear others opinions.

Maybe invest in some camera protective equipment.
Carl Gilbert is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders