XC10 Files and FCPX? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XC Series UHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XC Series UHD Camcorders
All about the Canon XC10 and XC15 4K hybrid stills / video camera.

Old June 28th, 2015, 10:34 AM   #1
Major Player

XC10 Files and FCPX?

There's probably a simple solution and if so my apologies upfront but how does one import Canon XC10 XF-AVC files into FCPX?

I've installed the Canon XF Utility for XF-AVC so I can look at files but I've yet, apart from buying some dubious 3rd party transcoding software found out how to import and subsequently edit the files.

The files appear to be MXF files.

Having bought the camera I've been taking test shots - but that's as far as I've got because 1) the shop I bought the camera from supplied me with the wrong card reader and I'm now waiting for a CFast 2.0 reader to be delivered and 2) I can't even import the HD files into FCPX.

My fear is that Canon are a bit ahead of the game and Apple have yet to provide a firmware update to support this new format despite Canon claiming in their publicity that XFAVC is supported by FCPX.
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XC Series UHD Camcorders