Please canon release the xf plug in for free - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old November 30th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Thanks Doug, missed that post whilst trying to catch up. Doh!
Old November 30th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #32
Vortex Media

Bill,
I had no problems installing it on two Macs running OS 10.6.5
Old November 30th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Weaver View Post
I have downloaded this and continue to open in OS 10 and it keeps me on a wild goose chase. It does not give me any installer, but just keeps archiving and unarchiving itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
Bill,
I had no problems installing it on two Macs running OS 10.6.5
What I discovered was that I had to remove the .gz from the uncompressed file. Then all worked fine.
Old December 10th, 2010, 06:20 AM   #34
Major Player

Hi

This might be completely wrong but is this the software you are looking for? Found it today when I looked for manuals for the XF100/XF300 camcorder.

XF Utilities for WIN

Also a MAC version

http://software.canon-europe.com/sof...068.asp?model=

Regards,

/Bo

Last edited by Bo Sundvall; December 10th, 2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Added MAC version
Bo Sundvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 08:13 AM   #35
Wrangler

Bo, that's just the User Manual PDF. Canon posts software updates (that require the original software to be already installed on the system) and documents such as the user manual and brochures, but typically does not make the original software available for download on their website. Same on the US site for every Canon camera that I have owned.

IMO, Canon ought to, at the very least, create a quick, simple, no-charge service for registered owners to download a copy of the original software that is part of the professional camera package they have purchased. For example, the online Canon Store already has the infrastructure to handle this.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders