Will XF305 have some software like CONSOLE for remote camera control? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old January 3rd, 2011, 07:53 PM   #1
Tourist

Will XF305 have some software like CONSOLE for remote camera control?

The older XH camcorders were compatible with Canon's CONSOLE Image Control software via firewire. I know the XF305 only has USB. We just purchased 3 XF305 camcorders we plan to use in our studio, It would be great if Canon would release a version of CONSOLE that would work with the XF305. In their marketing, they are highlighting the multi-camera capability of these units with the Genlock being available. Having a way to remotely control the camera core functions from a PC in a control room would be a real winner. Maybe even with the ability to control up to 4 cameras via USB on a single PC? I was planning to run Cat5 to all 3 cameras and use USB to cat5 extenders to make the distance of 75ft. But until there is some software that can control the cameras, I may just wire it that way and hold off on purchasing the extenders. Cat5 wire is cheap afterall. If Canon does not do it, I would love to see some software engineer design some software and sell it as a Camera CCU option. (that is if Canon would allow it).

G
Grant Parker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders