xf305 Terminal cover - Part Number? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old March 24th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #1
Major Player

xf305 Terminal cover - Part Number?

Well I'm sure I'm not the first person to lose one of the silly rubber terminal covers on my xf305. Does anybody know the part number for the cover that goes over the remote and headphone socket? Also where I might buy one in the UK.

I've had a Canon 7D for a year now and the rubber covers on that have resolutely stayed on despite heavy
industrial use.

I'm not grumbling. I've had the xf305 for 3 months now and despite heavy use this is the first thing to go wrong. I've even learnt how to insert the batteries cleanly first time and am a master at turning the camera on and off using the slider switch. (exactly the same as the one on a Sony z7)

many thanks in advance.
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: xf305 Terminal cover - Part Number?

I feel your pain, I walked off an interview shoot and when I got home the cover of the headphone jack was gone.
John Gardiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #3
Major Player

I do recall some post where this problem was mentioned. I've looked though all the pages here but can't see anything relevant.

I'm sure if I retraced my steps I could find it but where I was filming is 250 miles away in a country park.

I'm sure someone will know where to get one.
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Mark, I'd contact Canon spares for the part no. and I think they'll refer you to a dealer/shop to order it. While you're waiting for a cover I'd cover the terminal to keep dust out.

I drilled suitable size holes in the rear jack covers of my Canon A1/s terminals and I keep strips of black Cling brand low tack adhesive tape over the covers and over all the open ports to keep dirt out.

I've seen the innards of Neumann mics that have been used on stage for years and it's shocking, shocking I tell you. HTH

Cheers.
Old March 25th, 2011, 04:44 AM   #5
Major Player

I've just ordered 2 spare terminal covers from H. Lehmann. I was given their number by Canon Support.

They are really helpful and are a full Canon Service Centre.

Their website is Home - H. Lehmann Ltd

Their phone number is: 01782 413611

They have a minimum order amount and I am paying £10 for 2 Terminal Covers.

I'm going to post these details as a fresh thread as I'm sure it's a useful number to have. They will also do a full service for about £225
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders