WHY do I still have to render? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old June 6th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

WHY do I still have to render?

Hi all you gurus!
I thought I understood this . . . but apparently not! We have an XF300 and an XF100. Outstanding cameras. (And yes, we have Doug's training DVD's!) Usually I shoot in 1280x720 30p, because I overcrank a lot. We work with the latest and greatest Apple computers and Final Cut Pro. If I import NATIVE (yes, that works now, thank you Canon) in the 720 mode and create a new sequence in FCPro, if the sequence doesn't match the above clips - we get the normal "Sequence doesn't match clip - do you want to change it" sign. Good. We make them match - and never need to render clips shot and imported that way.

Now let's do the same thing shooting 1920x1080 60i. We shoot that way, set up a new Sequence in FCPro, and drag one of those clips on the sequence Time line. FCPro asks the same message, do we want to match, etc - I click yes and it puts the clip on the timeline. The codec is "XDCAM HD422 1080i60 50mbs" which is, I think exactly what it should be. The clip doesn't "look" like it wants to be rendered - that is there is a grey bar on the top of the timeline. But if we highlight the clip and hit "Command +R" it will want to render it. Takes quite awhile to render. Sometimes it'll render faster (don't understand this either) but will always want to render.
But WHY? The timeline was setup to that clip - it shouldn't need to render?
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Larry
Larry Cohen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders