Feature request: allow Waveform *and* audio meters viewable together on XF100 and 105 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old August 1st, 2011, 07:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Feature request: allow Waveform *and* audio meters viewable together on XF100 and 105

I wish the low light level on these cameras was better. But that aside --

To me, one of the biggest annoyances of these cameras is probably one of the easiest to fix with a software / firmware update:

The Waveform monitor and audio level meters cannot be moved on the screen such that both can be viewed at the same time on screen!

I find it a bit ridiculous that this is not the case from the outset. I hope that Canon is listening, and I hope that they give the ability to custom-position some of the menu user interface elements in a future revision of the camera's firmware.
John M. Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:31 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Feature request: allow Waveform *and* audio meters viewable together on XF100 and

yes, i have the same suggestion on XF300.
it's difficult during recording to switch between waveform and audio meters... and both are valuable!
Cedric Pottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Feature request: allow Waveform *and* audio meters viewable together on XF100 and

As long as we are starting a petition :) I agree. The Waveform montior should not cover the audio levels!
There is a long list of changes I would like to see on the XF-100, but the more I add, the more it becomes an XF-300. Too bad that beast is so expensive.
Don't get me wrong, I love the 100 just fine. I just miss some of the physicality of my XH-A1S.
Rob Knoll is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders