XF305 clean SD Analog out at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old August 11th, 2011, 09:25 AM   #1
Major Player

XF305 clean SD Analog out

I need to output a clean SD analog live signal out. I can't find a menu item to turn off the menu/info displays on the BNC video 2 output.... anyone know if it's possible to leave the info up on the LCD without having it go out the BNC connector? Can you get analog out of the HD/SDI connector?

You can get a clean output by turning off everything in the viewfinder but I really want the peaking and zebras and card info...

The 'menu out' is off so that's not the answer.

thanks
Chuck Fadely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: XF305 clean SD Analog out

I've used clean SD output from the BNC terminal whilst retaining all the info on the LCD. Can't remember what I had to do, but it worked. Not near the camera at the moment, but just take it as a big YES!
Old August 11th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Major Player

Easy cakes. Whilst in camera mode:

Third menu icon "Video Setup" --> Component Output "SD" and SD Onscreen Disp. OFF
Old August 11th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Tim! I knew it was in there somewhere but missed it under time pressure of a setup.

But luckily in my case, turning the display off with the button under the handle gets rid of everything including the red record light, so I was able to use that, even though I was too stupid to find the right menu item.... I toggled the 'menu out' item without result and gave up too soon!
Chuck Fadely is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders