Export from XF util 1.1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old October 28th, 2011, 03:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Export from XF util 1.1

Hi

I have recorded a clip with duration of 55 min. I see it in XF util 1.1 as one single clip. When I save it as MXF I get a bunch of 2GB files instead of 1 big file.

How do I get one big file to import into Sony Vegas ?

Thanks in advance

Br

Ulf
Ulf Laursen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 07:46 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: Export from XF util 1.1

I do not think it is possible to create "one" file from several 2gb files. Yes the XF utility shows multiple 2gb files as one file, but it has no ability to concatenate those files into one. You must import each 2gb file individually into your editor. Seems like Canon would provide a function in the xf utility to create a larger file from several 2gb files using the file info it has to show multiple files in xf utility as one. But that is not the case.....
Rick Pugsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Old Boot

Rick, you're being far too kind. Forking out £5.6k on a video camera then NOT being able to create a SINGLE file greater than 5 minutes, is irksome and dumb.

Now, in the 21century, this state of affairs is unacceptable. SONY has got it right, why not Canon? The utility shows long clips as one clip, and then NOT provide a method to export as one clip is both illogical and frustratingly bizarre.

Hey, if Canon comes here and tells me how to do it, it'll finesse my purchase of this remarkable camera.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 08:52 AM   #4
Trustee

For the record, FCP 7 sees and imports single clips just fine. I've even imported a 90 min clip spanned across 2 cards as a single file.

I've opened, poked around in and then chose not to use the Canon utility.

I know some other NLEs have the same issue with not stitching clips together too. I also use Premier. And of course FCPX can't deal with it either.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 09:49 AM   #5
Old Boot

Thanks Robert, that really helps.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 09:54 AM   #6
Major Player

It is all right at Avid MediaComposer 5.5 too, all clips are instantly at a bin. New camcorders needs support from software manufacturers.
Pavel Sedlak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders