XF300- best settings for sunset time lapses? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old April 29th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #1

XF300- best settings for sunset time lapses?

Please can you advise me thank you.
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:03 AM   #2

Re: XF300- best settings for sunset time lapses?

Wow 154 views and nobody even knows??
Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Vortex Media

178 views now.

I think the problem is that your question is too broad and would take too long for someone to answer thoroughly. What settings are you asking about? Aperture, ND, shutter speed, gain, focus, white balance, the paint menus, the actual interval recording settings, or all of the above? Those are all settings that you have to think about when shooting any time lapse. Have you already shot other time lapses before? What settings did you use then? What do you want to accomplish differently for a sunset time lapse than your other time lapses?

I think if you ask a more specific question(s) and give more explanation about what you need to know, you'll find that there are many people here who will jump in and help you.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:15 AM   #4

Yes Doug all those questions. I simply want others input as to what they have used thanks....

On my EX1 I set it in either 50i or 720 50p slo shutter set at 16, interval set at 1 frame every 2 seconds and it was a beautiful effect, can the Canon do the same?
Old May 6th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
can the Canon do the same?
I dont have test it yet,
but iam very interesstet and i will give it a try in the next Film.
Last Film, and the Film bevore i make intervall @ 1 sec 1 Pic for 1/2 Hour.
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #6
New Boot

Is it enough to use the incorporated ND filter or should i use an external and more powerful one? if you are new to Timelapses and have some time give it a try tracking the settings for each clip. There are a lot of things that can go wrong. Im not sure but i think the XF300 cant use automatic exposure when in special rec mode, that gave me some trouble yesterday when clouds dissapeared and i had sudden overexposed shooting.

regards
Rodrigo Fajardo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders