How to Access Custom Profiles on SD Card at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders

Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders
Canon XF705, XF405, XF305, XF205 and XF105 (with SDI), Canon XF400, XF300, XF200 and XF100 (without SDI).

Old March 14th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #1
New Boot

How to Access Custom Profiles on SD Card

I apologize in advance if I am missing something clearly described in the manual, but I couldn't find it.

Downloaded some CP that were mentioned in other threads. Formatted an SD card in the camera. Transferred the files to the card and inserted it into the camera. In Camera Setup/Custom Picture/Select File, I can see the nine preloaded profiles that came with the camera. Don't see anything else. No SD files. The files I downloaded have names like CPICT201.CPF All this is on my XF100.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Ron
Ron Kanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: How to Access Custom Profiles on SD Card

I don't load all the SD card CP files into the camera. I just have them on an SD card that I leave in the camera. As I'm scrolling through the CP files under Custom Picture-->Set, after the internal ones, then the ones on the card show up next.

All I can see that is different is that my card (which is named CANON) has a folder called C_PICT at the top level of the card, and the CPICT201.CPF, 202, etc. files are inside that folder.

All I see in the manual is page 101 and 109, but those don't address the folder structure.

Hope this helps
David Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #3
Major Player

ISTR finding this a wee bit ambiguous myself if accessing it via the Custom Picture button. But if you go Menu > Other > Transfer menu + CP it is obvious enough. If you go this route and the 'Load' option is grey out, one way to ensure you have the correct syntax is to save the onboard CPs + menu to the SD card, after which the 'Load' option should no longer be greyed out. You can then double check the card via a card read to make sure it's format etc. matches the CP file you want to load to camera.
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #4
New Boot

Hmmmm,
Trevor, I tried using both the Custom Picture and Transfer menus, no joy.
David, I placed all of the profiles in a folder called C_PICT on the SD card.
Guess what! Using Custom Picture menu and scroll through the list of available files, THERE THEY ARE!
Trevor, even with the files in the C_PICT folder, I don't see them using the Load command. It is not greyed out. It just doesn't show me anything.

Makes me a little nervous that this makes so little sense. Still the problem is solved and I appreciate that the solution was through the generosity of DVInfo members.
Thanks guys,
Ron
Ron Kanter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XF Series 4K and HD Camcorders